The building is in the middle of a terrace built around 1850 as a “planned terrace”. The shop front and most of the windows and doors in the terrace remain as they were first built, and CADW has given the whole terrace listed Grade II status. Surveying the building was challenging as the boundary lines vary from floor to floor – and the design had to make sure that service runs did not drop through next-door properties by mistake. The owners were very keen to preserve original features such as the internal stairway. They will be carrying out most of the work themselves.